Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol

OK. I admit it! I watched American Idol last night. I was amazed the way the show started.

"My Jesus, My Savior. Lord there is none like you."

What an incredible expression of praise and worship to the Lord. God receives glory in some of the most unlikely places. I realize some of the contestants seem to have a personal relationship with the Lord. However, for the entire group to give such a powerful expression of exaltation to the Lord was astounding to me.

What is going on in our culture today? Is the AI incorporation of a song with such lyrics indicative of something profound going on in our nation? Is this just symptomatic of those who are smart enough to realize there are profits available when Christian music and values are a part of the program? Does this indicate a spiritual awakening may be under way? Is this just an incorporation of good music into the American process and has no spiritual significance? To you, what might this indicate is happening in American culture, if anything?

I would like to hear your thought on this as we traverse this journey together.

No comments: