Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Resurrection

This is THE week!

Forsaken!
Betrayed!
Condemned!
Crucified!
Buried!

A while back I was complaining to Marjie that I was having a bad day. The Pennsylvania Dutch saying goes, "The hurrier I go the behinder I get." Maybe you have had a bad day or a bad week you can recall. I had a response that may be similar to yours.

Q1 What did I do wrong to create this problem?
Q2 Who is to blame for this problem?
Q3 Where did things start to go wrong?
Q4 When will this be over so I can go on with life?
Q5 Why did God let this happen?

Then I look at the week Jesus had leading up to the resurrection. If he were to evaluate from the outward perspective, this would have been the worst week possible. The fact is, however, that all of these negative circumstances were necessary for the completion of what Jesus came to earth to accomplish. We rejoice and celebrate the Resurrection, and rightly so. Without the crucifiction, no resurrection would be possible.

The next time we are going through tough times, perhaps we should look ahead and imagine what might be right around the corner. As the famous line states, "It's Friday, but Sunday's a coming!
Praise His Name!

No comments: