Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Genesis

"In the beginning..."
Two of my favorite interests are coffee and the the cosmos. My kids accomodated those interests through their Christmas gifts to me, two pounds of the strongest coffee I have ever tasted and the largest book on the universe I have ever seen. I can imagine God-the-Father sitting in his big easy chair one morning, sipping a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain (metaphorical language so you are not offended by my theology:)when he turned to God-the-Son and said, let's do something really creative! "In the beginning..." was underway! The simple pleasures of the everyday existence, like a cup of Java, coupled with the spectacular realities of the universe provide a contrast that only God could manage. My new book on the Cosmos has some of the most amazing pictures possible. From the Rings of Saturn to Bode's Galaxy (a spiral galaxy also known as M81, 12 million light years away), the wonder of God's handiwork that declare the glory of God is unsurpassed. (You may want to checkout Richard Hammer's website, "seetheglory.com" for some amazing photographs.) When God said, "Let there be light..." he set in motion a chain of events whose implications call for a response on our part. It is no wonder some people do not choose to believe in God. If He exists and brought everything into being through his word, then he should be able to expect his creation to acknowledge and reverence their Creator. "Indescribable!"

No comments: