Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Evaluation

From time to time, everyone should set back, take a good look at life, and evaluate the direction life is moving. Having recently clicked off another year of life, I have been taking a hard look at myself, and where God has been leading. Planning for the future in a rapidly changing world often produces little results. There are too many changes to be able to accurately predict what will happen and how the world will look in a few years. Preparing for the future leaves the future open to what God wants to accomplish and at the same time does not allow the follower of Jesus to sit back passively and let life go by. Some questions are helpful in discovering personal location. First, where do I spend my money? Second, how do I spend my time? Third, what significant relationships do I invest in on a regular bases. Fourth, am I going in the direction spiritually that will result in a more godly, Christlike character? These are simple and basic, but their answers should never be assumed. Find a quiet place to get alone with God and let Him search your heart and reveal to you what He has found. Evaluation can be painful but it produces far better fruit than regret.

No comments: