Saturday, October 11, 2008

Enrichment Reflections

Many have commented on this year's Ministers Enrichment with Dr. David Lim. Two areas were of particular significance for me.

First, many individuals were significantly impacted by the ministry. I lost count how many people made comments like, "I was set free" and "God broke through in my life" and "I can go home and continue to minister for Christ," etc. There was great personal encouragement received by many during this week at the Conference Center. Several specifically asked that I invite Dr. Lim back to minister to us again. I don't currently have any plans for that to happen, but we will be in prayer for what God has for us in the future.

Second, the corporate ministry was significant. Three issues stand out to me. One, the body ministered in awesome ways to the body. This was the most powerful time I have ever observed of pastors praying for and encouraging one another. It reinforces to me the truth that "We're Better Together." Two, learning the principles of how to test the gifts was very helpful. Some have made the gifts so sacred that to test them is unacceptable. That concept is not biblical and practicing the discernment through accountability and feedback was very helpful. Three, we as Pentecostal should be very aware of the voice of God in our inner man. The reality is that we all too often wait for God to "scream" at us through the more demonstrative gifts, whereas learning to listen to the still small voice of our Lord is so important.

Spirit living is supernatural, but as we heard once again, it is also natural. The balance is healthy and helpful to us all. May the Spirit lead us into all He has for us so that Jesus may be exalted in all things!

No comments: